In September 2019, PICAC opened the doors to the new training facility in Beenleigh, Queensland Australia. The Beenleigh facility is designed to deliver world-class training in the trade sectors of sanitary plumbing, fire protection and mechanical services (air-conditioning). Beenleigh sits in a significant growth corridor between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
The facility accommodates 400 – 500 fire protection and plumbing apprentices, 100 mechanical services or HVAC apprentices and 100 pre-apprenticeship trainees.
PICAC Beenleigh offers students the opportunity to utilise state of the art facilities including:
– In ground drainage and trench shoring training sand pit
– Three level training tower simulating three high rise building levels
– Plumbing and Mechanical Services training facilities
– 14 stationed valve room with various valve types for service, test and maintain training
– Purpose built fire protection training bays
– Gaseous fire suppression systems training room
– Functional electronic and diesel pumps installation for maintenance and live testing training
– Functional control indication panels and warning alarm training area
– Advanced welding facilities
– Safety and High Risk Licence training areas for forklift, EWP under/ over 11m, working at heights and on roofs, and boom lift)